Selling Real Estate Fast for a Higher Price Part 2
No Extra Charges
Alison gets the majority of her clients through referrals because she is happy to share her design flair and does not charge anything extra for her staging advice: “The staging can take up to 2 hours of my time plus ongoing consulting, but it’s a skill that I am happy to share with my clients. It’s part of my services so it’s included in the real estate fees. Most of them don’t want to pay a professional home stager $1,800 if they don’t have to.”
“My clients recognize that they are getting an extra service for free that really sets their property apart. With a bit of hard work and not much money a home can be much better presented in photographs, which gets more buyers through the door. Sellers tend to receive offers faster and I find that buyers are willing to negotiate higher.
“Selling a home is not an easy task. You need to be prepared right from the beginning. While the Edmonton job market is picking up, so are the number of listings. That means you must present your home in a better light than the competition.”
For the Love of the Game
Not only does Alison Murray boast unparalleled marketing, pricing and negotiation skills, she loves her work. “I love that I get to see the results of my efforts. Not only do I get to exercise my creative flair, but it’s extremely fulfilling to help people to achieve their goals at what can be a very stressful time.”
Alison’s Sell with Style – Do List
- Do get out the mop – Your home can’t be clean enough! This is my cheapest tip, but it’s the most beneficial. Think ‘show home’ and have everything sparkling.
- Do DIY – Broken doors, taps and baseboards really put people off – so get fixing!
- Do de-clutter – If you think that you have a lot of stuff, you probably do. I suggest taking away 30 per cent of clutter, especially in closet space.
Alison’s Sell with Style – Don’t List
- Don’t go overbroad – Get some advice on colour schemes before you begin decorating. You don’t want to do something that is inappropriate for the market you’re targeting.
- Don’t light up - Smoking in your home is an absolute no-no. Buyers have no tolerance for it at all and your home will not sell.
- Don’t forget Fido – Large, messy pets really put people off, so consider the whereabouts and evidence of your pet before you show your home.
Alison Murray 780-619-9812 (cell) or 780-488-4000 (office)
See Part 1
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.